There’s still time to enter the Favorite Fall Recipe Contest for October.
Would you like to enter the contest??? Deadline to enter: October 31st, midnight EST. Drawing will be on or about November 1st. Here’s what you have a chance to WIN.
PRIZES: $5 Amazon Gift Card and a Free eBook from my back list
HOW TO ENTER: Join my mailing list Click HERE to sign up. (Only members are illegible for this contest. Once you’re confirmed, send me your favorite fall recipe idea. You don’t have to send the whole recipe if you don’t want. After signing up, you’ll automatically receive the link for a free book! Unsubscribe at any time. You can email me the recipe: kathykulig @ rcn . com (no spaces) Or post a recipe in the comments.
As the weather continues to get colder, Trick or Treat-ers are making their rounds on Halloween, and we get to create our favorite fall recipes. Here are a few more tasty recipes to try out.
Thank you all who have sent recipes for this month’s special newsletter contest! I received a ton of recipes and I’ll be posting them over the next couple weeks. I’ll be selecting a winner on or about November 1st. And announcing the winner of the $5 Amazon Gift Card and a Free eBook from my backlist in a few days. I have a crazy week so be patient with me.
Want to be notified of upcoming contests? Join my newsletter CLICK HERE
Pumpkin Recipes for Halloween and for Thanksgiving
Pumpkin Cake Roll –From Angie S’s kitchen. One of my favorite for the holidays too!
- CAKE: 1/4 cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- FILLING: 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Powdered sugar (optional for decoration)
FOR CAKE: PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper. Sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar.
COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts.
BAKE for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. (If using a dark-colored pan, begin checking for doneness at 11 minutes.) Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack.
FOR FILLING: BEAT cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth. Carefully unroll cake. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Reroll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.
COOKING TIP: Be sure to put enough powdered sugar on the towel when rolling up the cake so it will not stick.
Spicy Pumpkin Soup – Thank Mary P for the recipe suggestion!
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Heat chicken broth, pumpkin puree, onion, garlic, and Cajun seasoning to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 to 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream before serving.